Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Final Series

Seven deadly sins series:
During the course of this project, my ideas greatly changed. The macabre imagery that Intended to use changed to in depth symbolism. The pictures are not what you would see as the seven deadly sins. Each picture has a meaning to me why they are connected. My goal to be abstract really connected with me this time. Each picture makes sense to me. I do not have a faith in god but the seven deadly sins are important to me, I believe these sins can break a person and make them lose their essence of who they are. Each picture shows some form of constriction. The symbolism is showing through the forms of restraint. It shows how it binds you to the sin and you can’t escape.
I believe that the pictures are strong on their own, and work as a series, the lighting is strong but on vanity I found it a little off and had a hard time compensating. As a series they are very different but I also like that to show that they are all very different sins and will cause a downfall in a very different way.


up close:



Vanity


WrathSloth




Pride



Lust




Gluttony


Envy




Final Display:




No comments: