Monday, December 8, 2008

Lighting Techniques! :D




Indecicion.


Model: Breanna
For this picture i used lighting on both sides of her and the flash. I used t flouresent lighing and covered it with a plastic bag to give it a soft box lighting. I used a brighter light on the other side to illuminate her hair. I was aiming for a simple black back drop but it wasn't wide enough so i used it more as a texture. I cropped out alot of the picture and got rid of most of the distracting objects, I'm really pleased with this picture!


Starboard
Model: Randy
I used the light from the lamp on the brick wall to cast shadows and highlights on Randy's face. It brought out more texture in the bricks as well. I was lucky enough to get outside when the sun was slightly filtering through the clouds. The magazines mentioned using soft lighting and multiple sources of light. I used the lamp and the sun as my multiple sources, I got some great results!

Ribcages on Fire
Models: Randy & Brandy
In this picture I used the flash and reflected it off the snow. It caused more texture to show throughout the picture. This is probably my least favorite but i still think it is a great technique for future reference.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like the shot "indecision". I love the black and white it really adds to the mood. The piece has a great story, wonderful contrast and many varying textures. Good work.